Friday, September 24, 2010

Phases

The Moon

There are many things to love about the moon. The moon is very comforting to me. I love the different phases of the moon. I love to watch it change. I love that when the cycle is complete, it's not visible and then...there's a fresh new start.

I know that a full moon sometimes has some negative things associated with it. I have a friend who used to be an ER nurse and she loved working the nights of the full moon, because the injuries were always a little bizarre and the evening was "exciting." Horror films almost always include a full moon, and I'm sure there are lots of other things of which I'm not even aware. But I LOVE a full moon....I love how the night is a little more illuminated which somehow makes me feel a little safer. I love being near an ocean during a full moon; I love how the ocean reacts. I know it sounds totally cheesy, but I love how when I look at a full moon, I think about how everyone I know, ANYWHERE, can see the same thing I'm seeing. I realize that isn't just the case with a full moon, but somehow a full moon is more of a reminder of that. What can I say? I'm a hopeless romantic.

If I had my choice, I would take a long walk with someone I love EVERY SINGLE NIGHT of a full moon....I know, I'm hopeless...

We have a beautiful harvest moon right now...and it IS beautiful and to me it is calming and secure. The moon is a visual to me that everything we go through passes into another phase. It won't stay the same forever and that is a very comforting thought as I look up into the night sky and contemplate the many, many things that are on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment