Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Wake me up when September ends..."

This month is flying by...it seems like it was just July and now we're halfway through September! Hard to believe how quickly time flies sometimes! So far this month I've had some family time with my parents and extended family, made my "famous" salsa, (well, famous with the kids and Brian and let's face it, if it wasn't for them, I would probably not spend the morning 'til night that it takes to get 20 quarts.) Cameron was ordained an Elder which means a few more months and he'll be working on mission papers, that time is flying by as well.
I've spent many hours working and figuring out how to balance being gone so much. This month also marks Brian's 50th birthday this weekend, which is so hard to believe that I truly can't! The best part is that this weekend will find us all together celebrating, which is my FAVORITE part of ANY celebration! All except for Brad-- the 18th also marks Brad's 10 month mark serving in Dallas, Texas. No Way!!.........WAY!! It is hard to believe though, 2 more months and he'll hit "hump day"!

For some reason this month also makes me a little sentimental. I'm not sure why September has such feelings for me. Maybe it has something to do with the simple fact that it marks the end of the summer and the beginning of another season and all it brings. Once September hits, before I know it we're at Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. The year is more than 1/2 way over....another year. Thoughts of where I was at this point last year and wondering what I'll be doing a year from now run through my head. In fact, not only has the past year flown by, "20 years has gone so fast." My thoughts often turn to the many people who have influenced my life--those who have come and gone and left footprints on my heart forever and helped to make me who I am today.

I imagine that has something to do with it as well...I still feel like I should be young again--my heart, my spirit, even my head still feels young. Not that I'm old, But....

"Summer has come and passed....."

No comments:

Post a Comment